Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 110 min
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 4 onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 cups Knorr® Beef Broth
- 2 cups baby carrots, peeled
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, cut into quarters
Coat beef with flour. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown beef on all sides, in batches, adding more oil, if necessary. Transfer beef to bowl; set aside.
In the fat remaining in the pot, Cook onions and garlic in drippings, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in, pepper, paprika, wine and Knorr® Beef Broth. Stir in beef with juices. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender, about 1-1/2 hours.
Stir in a little water, if stew becomes too thick. Stir in carrots and simmer covered 20 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, cover and simmer 5 minutes.